(WSIL) -- Health departments in southern Illinois are reporting 42 new cases of Coronavirus Saturday including the first virus-related death in Franklin County.
These new cases span across Franklin, Gallatin, Jackson, Saline, White and Williamson counties.
- Females: Three teenagers, one in their 20’s, one in their 30’s, one in their 50’s, and one in their 80’s
- Males: Two in their 20’s, one in their 30’s and one in their 70’s.
The department announces the first death in Franklin county related to COVID-19. The individual was a female in her 70’s who was previously confirmed to have acquired the disease. To date, there have been 175 laboratory confirmed positives in Franklin county of COVID-19. Of these positive cases, 86 have recovered.
- Female: One in her 30’s, case status in progress
The Egyptian Health Department reports that Gallatin County has a total of 52 lab-confirmed positives of COVID-19, including two deaths.
- Females: One teen, one in her 20's, one in her 40's, two in their 50's, one in her 60's, one in her 70's, and one in her 90's
- Males: One in his 30's, one in his 50's, and two in their 60's
According to the health department, there have been 708 confirmed cases to date including 19 related deaths. Of these positive cases, 585 released from isolation and 104 cases remain active.
- Male: One in his 30’s, case status in progress
To date, Saline County has had a total of 130 lab confirmed positives, including two deaths.
- Female: One in her 40’s, at home and in isolation
- Males: One in his 40's, one in his 70's, both cases status in progress
According to the Egyptian Health Department, White County has had a total of 70 lab-confirmed positives.
- Females: Two in their 20’s, two in their 30’s, two in their 40’s, and two in their 50’s
- Males: One child, three in their 40’s, one in their 50’s, and one in their 60’s
To date, there have been a total of 402 laboratory confirmed positives in Williamson county. Of these positive cases, 213 have recovered.
Illinois Department of Public Health:
Health officials announced 2,190 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease in the state, including 18 additional confirmed deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 192,698 cases including 7,631 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
More information can be found here.