TEXAS VEGGIE KEBABS
Yield: 6 servings
1 pound (450g) extra firm tofu
1 pound (450g) tempeh
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 large onions
1 pound (450g) button mushrooms
2 or 3 large fresh mangos
Dragon’s Breath Barbecue Sauce
2 large carrots, coarsely shredded
Sprig of mint
1. Cut both the tofu and tempeh into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes and set them aside in separate bowls.
2. Cut the bell peppers into large 1 1/2-inch (2.5 cm) squares and the onions into large wedges. Set them aside. Wash the mushrooms and set them aside.
3. Cut the mangos into two halves vertically. Then, cut each half into three strips lengthwise and trim off the skin. Cut the mangos into 1-inch chunks.
4. Thread the vegetables, including the mangos, tofu, and tempeh onto metal skewers, arranging them in a colorful pattern. Alternatively, arrange some skewers of alternating tofu and tempeh chunks and some with just the vegetables.
5. Pour the Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce into a large, shallow baking dish and place the skewers into the sauce. Turn the skewers to coat them evenly or brush the marinade on with a pastry brush. Marinate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
6. To barbecue, place the skewers on the grill and stand by with tongs to turn them every few minutes as they cook. Total cooking time may vary, but about 8 to 12 minutes is average.
7. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, brush the skewers with Dragon’s Breath Barbecue Sauce.
8. To serve, place the shredded carrots on a large serving platter, arrange the skewers over the carrots, and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org