Marion fire displaces family of seven - WSIL-TV 3 Southern Illinois

Marion fire displaces family of seven

Posted: Updated:

Updated:  An emotional cry for help. A single mother of six loses everything in a house fire. A fire around 4:30 a.m. destroyed a house in Marion. Thankfully no one was hurt, but now a family of seven is without a home. The family moved into this home eight months ago, the mother says, after she got a divorce.
Now, she's worried about the future.

"I'm not sure what to do or who to call or who to talk to or where to go I'm trying to stay strong for my kids," said the mother. 

The Marion Fire Chief tells News 3  the fire was accidental  caused by a gas leak.

The mother is asking the community for help for her children, all under the age of 17. She says any sort of donations can help her restore her hope.

She will accept any donations for her children at the Lincoln Elementary School.

Clothes needed for the family are: 14 youth boy, 7 Youth Boy and Girl, 3T Boy, 4T Girl, Adult female large shirt, Adult female 9 or 10 pant. House hold items are needed. 

The Salvation Army is willing to help the family as well. 


MARION, Ill. -- A family is safe after their home was destroyed in an early morning fire in Marion.

Crews responded to the 1100 block of Midway Court at around 4:30 a. m.  Wednesday morning and found the front of the home covered in flames.

The woman was awake when the fire started and called 911 after getting her six children out of the home.

Fire Chief Jerry Odum tells News 3 the fire was accidental and that it was caused by a gas leak.

No one in the home was hurt but the family is staying with a neighbor in the meantime.

Most Popular

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2019 WSIL. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.