No injuries after early morning kitchen fire - WSIL-TV 3 Southern Illinois

No injuries after early morning kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:

CARBONDALE -- Carbondale fire officials say unattended food was the cause of an early morning kitchen fire.

They got the call around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday to the 600 block of S. James St. 

Assistant fire chief Steve McBride says food had been left unattended on the stove, where it caught fire and spread to the cabinets. But McBride says the house had working smoke detectors, and everyone got out of the home safely.

Crews put the fire out a short time later. 
 

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WSIL. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.