Story Updated Fri Mar 06 12:06:31 PST 2015
Illinois Oil Train Derailment Involved Safer Tank Cars
GALENA, Ill. (AP) - Railroad company officials say a fiery oil train derailment in western Illinois involved tank cars that already meet a higher safety standard than what federal law requires.
- Nissan Recalls More Altimas for Hood Latch Problem
- Legislation Would Make Pumpkin Illinois' Official State Pie
- Illinois Records 7th-Coldest February on Record
- Hyundai Recall: Water Leak Can Cause Gear Shift Problem
- Freight Train Carrying Crude Oil Derails Near Illinois City
- Harrison Ford Reported Engine Failure Before Plane Crash
- Hall and Oates Sue Over Granola-Maker's Haulin' Oats Cereal
- Can Etsy Keep its Folksy Brand and Make Shareholders Money?
- Buddy Holly Plane Crash May Be Re-Examined
- FDA Study Finds Little Evidence of Antibiotics in Milk
- Americans Spent $58 Billion to Pamper, Protect Pets in 2014
- More top stories...