Thursday, Oct 30, 2014
Firefighters Brave Summer Heat at House Fire
FRANKLIN CO. -- The scorching heat on Saturday made it tough on firefighters in West Frankfort.
A fire broke out late Saturday afternoon at a house near the intersection of C and Old Marion Roads. Officials say the fire was contained to the home's living room.
However, a bunch of departments were called in to keep the dozens of men and women from overheating.
The West Frankfort Fire chief says the job couldn't have been done without the extra help.
"We can rotate guys in and out, rehab the guys that come out, let them get a drink of water," said Chief Jody Allen. "It's well over a thousand degrees inside, so when you come out and the temps are hot like today, it's very hard on those guys."
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Wind: 12 MPH
Humidity: 58 %