Wednesday, Mar 12, 2014
Du Quoin Home Explosion Caused by Natural Gas
DU QUOIN-- The State Fire Marshal says Sunday's house explosion in Du Quoin was caused by natural gas.
The explosion happened Sunday on South Lake Drive in Du Quoin. The blast leveled the home which killed 83-year-old homeowner Harold Pundsack.
On Friday, fire investigators, and representatives from Ameren and insurance companies collected evidence from the scene.
The fire marshal says the blast was caused by a problem with a natural gas line, but they are still trying to determine what went wrong. Investigators say no foul play is suspected.
Nearly a dozen neighboring homes were also damaged from the explosion.
Wind: 16 MPH
Humidity: 70 %