Wednesday, Mar 4, 2015
Southern Illinois Wildflower Walks
Date(s) & Time(s)::
May 24, 2014
May 31, 2014
June 15, 2014
June 22, 2014
June 29, 2014
July 27, 2014
August 24, 2014
October 12, 2014
Led by Naturalist Chris Benda. Participants will learn about the basics of plant identification, and will be provided handouts about plant identification terminology, field guides and web resources, and invasive species. All of the hikes will start at 10:00am at the location indicated and will last up to 4 hours. No previous experience is necessary. Reservations are not required, but are encouraged. The hikes will be limited to the first 20 participants. To reserve your spot for any of the hikes, contact Chris Benda at email@example.com. FollowReturn to event list.
Chris on facebook at www.facebook.com/illnoisbotanizer. These wildflower walks are made possible by a grant from the Illinois Wildlife Preservation Fund.
2014 Wildflower Walk Schedule
– May 24th Fern Rocks Nature Preserve, Giant City State Park, Makanda, IL. Meet at nature preserve parking lot and trailhead.
– May 31st Horseshoe Lake State Conservation Area, Miller City, IL.
Meet at the Wicker House on the west side.
– June 15th Mermet Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area, Belknap, IL.
Meet at the visitor center parking lot.
– June 22nd Dixon Springs State Park, Golconda, IL. Meet near the main entrance.
– June 29th Lake Murphysboro State Park, Murphysboro, IL. Meet at the visitor center parking lot.
– July 27th Cave-In-Rock State Park, Cave-In-Rock, IL. Meet at the visitor center parking lot.
– August 24th Heron Pond Nature Preserve, Cache River SNA, Belknap, IL. Meet at nature preserve parking lot and trailhead.
– October 12th Piney Creek Nature Preserve, Chester, IL. Meet at nature preserve parking lot and trailhead.
Wind: 12 MPH
Humidity: 86 %