Saturday, Mar 8, 2014
The Science Center's Fall Fundraiser.
Date(s) & Time(s)::
November 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM
Location: The Varsity Center for the Arts, 418 S. Illinois Ave., Carbondale, IL
The Fundraiser, this year, will feature a display of the 7th place award-winning moon buggy at the April NASA competition in Huntsville, Alabama, produced by an 8-member SIUC College of Engineering team. The team also won the Neil Armstrong award for best design of a moon buggy at the competition.Return to event list.
Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy friends, food, drinks, and background music while perusing the silent auction items for early holiday gifts from 5-7:30. A live auction at 6:30 offerings will include:
• A one week stay at Shalimar Cottages and Motel in Sanibel Island, Florida, on the Gulf of Mexico
• A print by artist Cheonae Kim
• St. Louis Symphony tickets accompanied by a gift certificate for Ricardo's Italian Cafe, and a one night hotel stay
• Membership for the SIUC Rec Center
• Zipline Canopy Tour with Shawnee Bluffs
• 4 tickets to the following: SIUC Home football game, SIUC Home Men's Basketball Game, SIUC Home Women's Basketball Game
• A hand-painted hovercraft
• And many more
The Bankesters will play from 7:30-8:30pm; Burning Hotels will play from 8:30-8:50pm; Mr. Swamp Fox will play from 9:00pm-10:00pm
Tickets are $10 in advance, or $15 at the door and are available online at the Science Center Facebook page-- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Science-Center-of-Southern-Illinois/464834920025; at www.yoursciencecenter.org.; at The Science Center in the University Mall, Carbondale; or from any board member. Admission for the bands will be $5 at the door after 7:30.
Wind: 8 MPH
Humidity: 76 %