Sunday, Mar 9, 2014
Imagining Geography 2013 Program: Land, Lives, and Arts of Southern Illinois
Date(s) & Time(s)::
April 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM until 8:30 PM
Location: Southern Illinois University, Lawson 204, Carbondale, IL
Shifting from last year’s programs on Antarctica, Imagining Geographies will focus for the foreseeable future on Southern Illinois, with the 2013 series, titled - Land, Lives, and Arts of Southern Illinois.Return to event list.
In doing so, we seek to advance investigations and discussions of past histories and present issues, to engage our imaginations in thinking about and expressing what our future lives might be like in this region, as well as to advance initiatives that transform imagining into action.
Community of Research Discussion
CONFLUENCE RESEARCH TENTATIVE OPENING REMARKS & Facilitation: Vice Chancellor for Research, John Koropchak.
PRESENTATIONS: Chair: Professor Matt Whiles (Director, Center for Ecology)
• Confluence Manifesto, Assistant Professor Silvia Secchi (AgricBus Economics) & Peter Lemish (Journalism).
• Convergence Ecology, Associate Professor Sara Baer (Plant Biology).
• IGERT Project, Lizette Chevallier, Associate Dean, Engineering.
• Alexander Count Think Tank, Associate Professor Craig Anz (Architecture), Beth Ellison (Geology)
• Action Proposal - Regional Water Institute. Provost John Nichlow.
Chair: Interim Dean Dafna Lemish (MCMA).
Panelists: Associate Professor Craig Anz (Architecture); Assistant Professor Grant Miller (Education), Associate Professor Justin Schoof (Geography), Dean of Engineering, John Warwick.
Wind: 5 MPH
Humidity: 50 %